Update

In case you are wondering:

1. I cried several tears of happiness.
2. I have only a very small, croaky voice left.
3. We will have to think up new hell-froze-over jokes.
4. There is much street-dancing, horn-honking, screaming, and fireworks.

I BELIEVE THIS MEANS THAT LENT IS CANCELED.

I AM HAPPY.

WHO DAT!

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Update

  1. Hee hee hee, your tags on this post made me giggle. I have a large number of friends who are Colts fans, but I’m pretty ambivalent… I switched over to watching Farscape DVDs about halfway through the game. πŸ™‚

    • Well, the first half was sort of – depressing. For me. I was a bit depressed. Is Farscape good? Cause I actually have no idea what it’s about, but I am looking for a new TV show to get hooked on. πŸ˜›

      • I’m thoroughly enjoying Farscape, yes. It’s not as good as BSG, but it’s filling my need for sci-fi TV, so.

        The basic premise is that an astronaut on a test flight gets shot through a wormhole and winds up on a ship on the far side of the universe with a bunch of renegade aliens. It’s one of those things that if you think too hard about the science or the logic of what’s going on, it all falls apart, but if you just take it for what it is, it’s really entertaining.

        If you’ve got a Netflix subscription, the first two or three seasons are available streaming. I was over at some friends’ house and they made me watch the pilot, and after that I was thoroughly hooked.

    • Thank you! I have spent a depressing amount of my life strenuously and snobbishly resisting football, and I only started liking it a few years ago. I’m so, so glad I started liking it in time to see the Saints win their very first ever Super Bowl!!!

  2. I told people up here about lent being cancelled and they were all like nah-uh, you can’t just cancel lent, what about jesus?

    silly people.

  3. Lent? Cancelled? Say it is so! ;p

    I bet New Orleans was crazy, and I bet it will make Fat Tuesday even crazier. I wish I could be down there, fo sho.

    • Yeah, it’s my sister’s birthday this week and we were planning to go down to New Orleans to celebrate with her – then we remembered it was coming up on Mardi Gras and the Saints were at the Super Bowl, and if we went we might never get back. πŸ˜› So we will have to do a slightly belated birthday celebration.

    • Thanks! We are so happy for ourselves you don’t even know – my Facebook feed is probably 90% people rejoicing over the win. (The other 10% is my friends in other countries.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s